Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Only 90 shopping days left!

Christmas is 90 shopping days away. Seems like a long time doesn't it? Well if you are anything like me, the time will fly by and before you know it it's Christmas Eve and you've forgotten Aunty Dora's present (and she's coming for Christmas dinner!), the dog's chewed up all the chocolate decorations that were sitting so beautifully on the Christmas tree, and you feel like sitting in the corner crying into Santa's milk!

Well, this year I plan to be extremely organised! I say this every year, but I feel that I'm experienced enough to tackle the mammoth project of christmas head on, and have the best festive season ever.

I've started to look around the shops for gift ideas, and there seems to be some bargains around at the moment. There are some good toy sales around, and early 3 for 2's on cards and gift wrap in a few shops. I'm going to start a few lists and see if I can bag a few bargains early- every penny counts in the ever increasing spend-fest of the Holidays.

I'm going to try and get back to a more traditonal Christmas this year. My son will be playing carols for us on the piano, and hopefully we will all join in and bring back some of that Christmas magic I felt as a child. We will be attending Midnight mass now all the family are old enough to attend, and this does help to remind everyone why we are celebrating.

Well, I shall get started on my lists and see what the next few days bring in terms of ideas and bargain hunting!

No comments: